Stories from Grantees
Joseph Wolyniak applied for an Evangelism for the 21st Century grant when his spouse, the Rev. Liz Costello, was a seminarian at the Berkeley Divinity School at Yale. Himself a Ph.D. candidate at Oxford, Wolyniak’s vision for the “New Tracts for Our Times” video series is deeply rooted in scripture and theology yet proclaims the Gospel in common language via social media. With the expert filming and editing of Pilar Timpane, the videos hold great promise for reaching those who might not otherwise hear the Good News.
Read More »
The Application Process
EES has been awarding Evangelism for the Twenty-first Century Grants for nearly 2 decades. We are looking for the following in grant applications:
- Evangelism: how will the proposal share the Gospel with a new audience?
- Innovation: How is the proposal unique?
- Clarity: Who is the target population, and why will the proposal work in that population?
- Connection: Does the applicant have the resources s/he needs to succeed?
- Budget/Timeframe: Are they realistic? Do they sync? Can the work be accomplished?